Acts 7/1996, 22/2001, 29/2001, S.1’s. 207/1996, 323/2001.
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
1. Short title and date of commencement.
3. Application of Act.
INDUSTRY AND TRADE COMPETITION COMMISSION
4. Establishment of Commission.
5. Functions of Commission.
6. Membership of Commission.
7. Disqualification for appointment as member.
8. Terms and conditions of office of members.
9. Vacation of office by members.
10. Minister may require member to vacate his office or may suspend him.
11. Filling of vacancies on Commission.
12. Chairman and vice-chairman of Commission.
13. Meetings and procedure of Commission.
12. Committees of Commission.
15. Remuneration and allowances of members of Commission and committees.
16. Members of Commission and committees to disclose certain connections and interests.
17. Appointment and functions of Director of Commission.
18. Policy directions to Commission.
19. Validity of decisions and acts of Commission and committees.
20. Execution of contracts and instruments by Commission.
21. Minutes of proceedings of Commission and committees.
22. Reports of Commission and supply of information to Minister.
FINANCIAL PROVISIONS RELATING TO COMMISSION
23. Funds of Commission.
24. Investment of moneys not immediately required by Commission.
25. Accounts of Commission.
26. Audit of Commission’s accounts.
27. Powers of auditors.
INVESTIGATION AND PREVENTION OF RESTRICTIVE PRACTICES,
MERGERS AND MONOPOLY SITUATIONS
28. Power of Commission to investigate restrictive practices, mergers and monopoly situations.
29. Prohibition of certain acts pending investigation.
30. Negotiations by Commission.
31. Orders by Commission.
32. Factors to be considered by Commission when making orders.
33. Enforcement of orders.
34. . . . . . .
34. Application of Part IVA.
34A. Notification of proposed merger.
INVESTIGATION OF TARIFF CHARGES AND RELATED UNFAIR TRADE PRACTICES
34B. Interpretation in Part IVB.
34C. Investigations by Commission.
AUTHORIZATION OF RESTRICTIVE PRACTICES, MERGERS AND OTHER CONDUCT
35. Application to Commission for authorization.
36. Grant or refusal of authorization.
37. Effect of authorization.
38. Amendment or revocation of authorization.
39. Register of authorizations.
40. Right of appeal to Administrative Court.
41. Composition of Administrative Court for purposes of this Act.
42. Unfair trade practices.
43. Certain conduct to have no legal effect.
44. Right of action of injured parties.
45. Commission may require returns.
46. Investigating officers.
47. Powers of entry and inspection.
48. Secrecy to be observed.
49. Certificates of Director to be evidence
49A. Exemption of Commission from liability
FIRST SCHEDULE: Unfair Trade Practices.
SECOND SCHEDULE: Powers of Commission.
AN ACT to promote and maintain competition in the economy of Zimbabwe; to establish a Competition and Tariff Commission and to provide for its functions; to provide for the prevention and control of restrictive practices, the regulation of mergers, the prevention and control of monopoly situations and the prohibition of unfair trade practices; and to provide for matters connected with or incidental to the foregoing.
[Date of commencement: 9th February, 1998.]
Criminal Penalties Amendment Act, 2001.
Competition Amendment Act, 2001.