White Phosphorus Matches Act
- Commenced on 21 June 1912
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 2016 and includes any amendments published up to 31 December 2017.]
- [Note: This version of the Act was revised and consolidated by the Law Development Commission of Zimbabwe]
1. Short titleThis Act may be cited as the White Phosphorus Matches Act [Chapter 14:25].
2. ProhibitionsThe manufacture, importation or sale of matches containing white phosphorus is prohibited.
3. PenaltiesAny person who contravenes section two shall be guilty of an offence and liable to a fine not exceeding level five or to imprisonment for a period not exceeding six months or to both such fine and such imprisonment.[section as amended by Act No. 22 of 2001]
History of this document
21 June 1912