Alienated Land (Information) Act
- Commenced on 3 July 1925
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 2016 and includes any amendments published up to 31 December 2017.]
- [Note: This version of the Act was revised and consolidated by the Law Development Commission of Zimbabwe]
1. Short titleThis Act may be cited as the Alienated Land (Information) Act [Chapter 20:02].
2. InterpretationIn this Act—“alienated land” means any land other than State land;“Minister” means the Minister of Lands and Water Resources or any other Minister to whom the President may, from time to time, assign the administration of this Act;“occupier”, in relation to any alienated land, includes—(a)a lessee or any other person in control of such land; and(b)any person who resides on or uses such land.
3. Obtaining of information relating to alienated land
4. Entry on and inspection of landThe Minister may appoint officers who may at all reasonable times enter upon and inspect any alienated land for the purpose of ascertaining the nature and extent of occupation or use thereon, and any person who hinders, obstructs or delays any such officer in the execution of the powers hereby conferred shall be guilty of an offence and liable to a fine not exceeding level five or to imprisonment for a period not exceeding six months or to both such fine and such imprisonment.[subsection as amended by section 4 of Act No. 22 of 2001]
5. OffencesAny person who, in response to a request for information required in terms of regulations under this Act or in answer to any question asked him by an officer appointed under section four, fails or neglects to supply such information or answer such question, or makes any statement which is false in any material particular, knowing the same to be false, shall be guilty of an offence and liable to a fine not exceeding level six or to imprisonment for a period not exceeding one year or to both such fine and such imprisonment.[subsection as amended by section 4 of Act No. 22 of 2001]
History of this document
03 July 1925