Married Persons Property Act
- Commenced on 1 January 1929
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 2016 and includes any amendments published up to 31 December 2017.]
- [Note: This version of the Act was revised and consolidated by the Law Development Commission of Zimbabwe]
1. Short titleThis Act may be cited as the Married Persons Property Act [Chapter 5:12].
2. Community of property excluded from marriages after 1st January, 1929, except where agreements made to the contrary
3. Exclusion of community of property from marriages entered into prior to 1st January 1929, by agreement
4. Agreement in terms of section 3 to specify allocation of propertyEvery notarial deed executed in accordance with section three shall specify in detail the allocation to each spouse executing such instrument of his or her half share of the property held in community at the date of execution thereof, or such other division thereof as they may have agreed upon.
5. Registration of instrument or notarial deed
History of this document
01 January 1929