Advertisements Regulation Act
- Commenced on 31 May 1929
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 2016 and includes any amendments published up to 31 December 2017.]
- [Note: This version of the Act was revised and consolidated by the Law Development Commission of Zimbabwe]
1. Short titleThis Act may be cited as the Advertisements Regulation Act [Chapter 14:01].
2. InterpretationIn this Act—“advertisement” includes any structure or apparatus erected or intended only for the display of advertisements;“Minister” means the Minister of Home Affairs or any other Minister to whom the President may, from time to time, assign the administration of this Act;“Railways” means—(a)the Rhodesia Railways referred to in the Federation of Rhodesia and Nyasaland (Dissolution) Order in Council, 1963, of the United Kingdom; or(b)the National Railways of Zimbabwe referred to in section 3 of the Railways Act [Chapter 13:09];“road” means any road lawfully declared to be a main, district or branch road.
3. Erection or display of advertisements prohibited within certain areas
4. Saving as to exhibition of advertisements upon railway property, on certain land and premises or at agricultural shows
5. ***[section repealed by Act No. 22 of 2001]
History of this document
31 May 1929