City of Harare (Private) Act
- Commenced on 3 May 1935
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 2016 and includes any amendments published up to 31 December 2017.]
- [Note: This version of the Act was revised and consolidated by the Law Development Commission of Zimbabwe]
1. Short titleThis Act may be cited as the City of Harare (Private) Act [Chapter 29:04].
2. Alteration of status and title of City of SalisburyThe status of Harare shall be and is hereby altered from that of a Municipality to that of a City and its name or designation from that of the Municipality of Salisbury to that of the City of Harare.
3. Title of City CouncilThe title of the Council of the City of Salisbury shall be and is hereby altered from the Municipal Council of Salisbury to the City Council of Harare.
4. Construction of referencesWherever in any enactment or in any deed, memorandum, agreement or other document, reference is made to—
History of this document
03 May 1935