Netherlands Bank of Rhodesia Limited (Private) Act
- Commenced on 1 August 1967
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 2016 and includes any amendments published up to 31 December 2017.]
- [Note: This version of the Act was revised and consolidated by the Law Development Commission of Zimbabwe]
1. Short titleThis Act may be cited as the Netherlands Bank of Rhodesia Limited (Private) Act [Chapter 24:08].
2. InterpretationIn this Act—“Rhodesian Bank” means the Netherlands Bank of Rhodesia Limited, about to be incorporated;“Rhodesian business”, in relation to the South African Bank, means the business of a commercial bank carried on in and from Rhodesia by the South African Bank;“South African Bank” means the Netherlands Bank of South Africa Limited.
3. Confirmation of the AgreementFrom the 1st August, 1967—
4. Recording of transfer of title, etc., to Rhodesian BankThe Registrar of Companies, the Registrar of Deeds and every officer in charge of an office in which is registered any title to property belonging to or any mortgage bond or other right in favour of or any appointment of or by or in which has been issued any licence to or in favour of the South African Bank in respect of its Rhodesian business shall upon the production to him of any relevant deed, bond, certificate, letter of appointment, licence or other document make such endorsement thereon and effect such alteration in his registers as may be necessary to record the transfer thereof and of any rights thereunder to the Rhodesian Bank and no transfer fees, stamp duty, registration fees, licence fees or other charges shall be payable in respect of the transfer or any endorsement or alterations so made to give effect thereto.
5. Preservation of rights not affected by this ActSave as is otherwise expressly provided in this Act, the provisions of this Act shall not derogate from the rights of any creditor of the South African Bank.
History of this document
31 December 2016 this version
01 August 1967