City of Gweru (Private) Act
- Commenced on 1 October 1971
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 2016 and includes any amendments published up to 31 December 2017.]
- [Note: This version of the Act was revised and consolidated by the Law Development Commission of Zimbabwe]
1. Short titleThis Act may be cited as the City of Gweru (Private) Act [Chapter 29:03].
2. Alteration of status and title of City of GweloThe status of Gweru shall be and is hereby altered from that of a Municipality to that of a City and its name or designation from that of the Municipality of Gwelo to that of the City of Gweru.
3. Title of City CouncilThe title of the Council of the City of Gwelo shall be and is hereby altered from the Municipal Council of Gwelo to the City Council of Gweru.
4. Construction of referencesWherever in any enactment or in any deed, memorandum, agreement or other document, reference is made to—
History of this document
01 October 1971