District Development Fund Act
- Commenced on 1 January 1982
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 2016 and includes any amendments published up to 31 December 2017.]
- [Note: This version of the Act was revised and consolidated by the Law Development Commission of Zimbabwe]
1. Short titleThis Act may be cited as the District Development Fund Act [Chapter 29:06].
2. InterpretationIn this Act—“development area” means an area declared to be a development area in terms of section five;“fixed date” means the 1st January, 1982;“Fund” means the District Development Fund referred to in subsection (1) of section three;“Minister” means the Minister of Local Government, Rural and Urban Development or any other Minister to whom the President may, from time to time, assign the administration of this Act;“produce” means—(a)any kind of livestock or poultry; and(b)any crops or horticultural products; and(c)the produce of any kind of husbandry of livestock or poultry, including the carcasses, hides or wool of animals, bacon, cheese, butter or other dairy produce and eggs;“repealed Act” means the African Development Fund Act [Chapter 232 of 1974];“Secretary” means the Secretary of the Ministry for which the Minister is responsible;“surcharge” means a surcharge raised in terms of subsection (1) of section thirteen.
3. District Development Fund
4. Assets, liabilities, income and expenditure of Fund
5. Development areas
6. Application of Fund
7. Estimates of expenditure
8. Limits on expenditure from Fund
9. Minister may borrow money
10. Holding of Fund and advances from FundThe Minister—
11. Financial yearThe financial year of the Fund shall be the period of twelve months ending on the 30th June in each year:Provided that the President may, by a statutory instrument, declare that the financial year of the Fund shall be a period of twelve months ending on a date other than the 30th June in each year.
12. Books of account and audit
13. Power of surcharge
14. Appeals against surcharge
15. Recovery of surcharge
16. Loss, destruction of or damage to property of Fund
17. Minister may impose feesThe Minister may impose fees to be paid by any person who makes use of services or facilities provided by him in the exercise of his powers in terms of this Act.
18. Assignment of powers, duties and functions of Minister
History of this document
01 January 1982