African Development Fund (Zimbabwe) Act
- Commenced on 9 December 1983
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 2016 and includes any amendments published up to 31 December 2017.]
- [Note: This version of the Act was revised and consolidated by the Law Development Commission of Zimbabwe]
1. Short titleThis Act may be cited as the African Development Fund (Zimbabwe) Act [Chapter 22:02].
2. InterpretationIn this Act—“Agreement” means the agreement signed at Abidjan on the 29th November, 1972, providing for the establishment and operation of a body to be known as the African Development Fund;“Fund” means the African Development Fund established in terms of the Agreement;“Minister” means the Minister of Finance or any other Minister to whom the President may, from time to time, assign the administration of this Act.
3. Legal capacity of the FundThe fund shall have full juridical personality within Zimbabwe and, in particular, full capacity—
4. Immunity from legal process
5. Immunity of assets, archives and freedom of assets from restriction
6. Privileges of communicationsOfficial communications of the Fund shall be accorded the same treatment as is accorded to the official communications of other international financial institutions of which Zimbabwe is a member.
7. Immunities and privileges of officials and personnelAll governors and directors and their alternates and the President and personnel of the Fund including experts performing missions for the Fund—
8. Exemption from taxation
9. Minister’s powersThe Minister may make such regulations and give such directions as he may deem necessary or convenient for the carrying out of the objects and purposes of this Act.
History of this document
09 December 1983