Commercial Premises (Lease Control) Act
- Commenced on 30 December 1983
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 2016 and includes any amendments published up to 31 December 2017.]
- [Note: This version of the Act was revised and consolidated by the Law Development Commission of Zimbabwe]
1. Short titleThis Act may be cited as the Commercial Premises (Lease Control) Act [Chapter 14:04].
2. InterpretationIn this Act—“commercial premises” means—(a)any premises used for or in connection with the carrying on of any industry, business, trade or occupation; and(b)any ground, parking space, garage, outbuilding, workers quarters and other improvement in, on or let or used with such premises or part thereof;“Minister” means the Minister of Industry and Commerce or any other Minister to whom the President may from time to time assign the administration of this Act;“rent board” means a commercial and industrial rent board constituted in terms of section three.
3. Rent boards
4. Appeals from decisions of rent boards
5. Leasing control
History of this document
30 December 1983