Traditional Beer Act
- Published in Government Gazette
- Commenced on 1 January 1985
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 2016 and includes any amendments published up to 31 December 2017.]
- [Note: This version of the Act was revised and consolidated by the Law Development Commission of Zimbabwe]
Part I – Preliminary
1. Short titleThis Act may be cited as the Traditional Beer Act [Chapter 14:24].
3. Act to bind StateThis Act shall bind the State.
Part II – Control of traditional beer
4. Control of brewing, selling, supplying or possessing traditional beer
Part III – Authority to brew, sell or supply traditional beer
5. Authority to brew, sell or supply traditional beer to service personnel
6. Domestic brewing and supply of traditional beerSubject to such conditions as may be prescribed, a person of or over the age of eighteen years may brew and supply traditional beer in such quantity as is reasonable for the domestic and social needs of himself and his family.
Part IV – Permits to brew, sell or supply traditional beer
7. Commercial brewers permits
8. Employers and general permits
9. Exporters permits
Part V – Financial
10. Accounting and disposal of controlled liquor moneys
11. Payment of levy by brewers
Part VI – General
12. Other licences under Chapter 14:17 not requiredA person authorized or permitted to sell traditional beer in terms of this Act shall not be required to take out a licence under the Shop Licences Act [Chapter 14:17] in respect of the sale of traditional beer sold in terms of such authority or permit.
13. Minister to be furnished with reports, etc.
14. Designation of inspectors
15. Powers of inspectors
16. Right of policemen to demand production of authorities and permits
17. Evidence and presumptionsIn any prosecution for a contravention of any provision of this Act—
18. General offences
History of this document
31 December 2016 this version
01 January 1985