Gazetted Land (Consequential Provisions) Act
- Commenced on 20 December 2006
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 2016 and includes any amendments published up to 31 December 2017.]
- [Note: This version of the Act was revised and consolidated by the Law Development Commission of Zimbabwe]
1. Short titleThis Act may be cited as the Gazetted Land (Consequential Provisions) Act [Chapter 20:28].
3. Occupation of Gazetted land without lawful authority
4. Compensation for improvements effected on Gazetted land before its acquisitionFor the avoidance of doubt it is declared that the compensation which is payable for improvements to Gazetted land effected before it is acquired shall be dealt with in accordance with the provisions of the Land Acquisition Act [Chapter 20:10] concerning “specially Gazetted land” as defined in that Act.
5. Savings in respect of criminal and other proceedings under Cap. 20:10For the avoidance of doubt it is declared that the enactment of section 16B of the Constitution by the Constitution of Zimbabwe Amendment (No. 17) Act, 2005, shall not—
6. Validation of offer letters issued on or before the fixed dateAny offer letter issued on or before the fixed date that is not withdrawn by the acquiring authority is hereby validated.
History of this document
20 December 2006