Flag of Zimbabwe Act
- Commenced on 18 April 1980
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 2016 and includes any amendments published up to 31 December 2017.]
- [Note: This version of the Act was revised and consolidated by the Law Development Commission of Zimbabwe]
1. Short titleThis Act may be cited as the Flag of Zimbabwe Act [Chapter 10:10].
2. InterpretationIn this Act—“Flag” means the Flag of Zimbabwe referred to in section three;“Minister” means the Minister of Justice, Legal and Parliamentary Affairs or any other Minister to whom the President may, from time to time, assign the administration of this Act.
3. Design of Flag of ZimbabweThe Flag of Zimbabwe shall be as depicted and described in the Schedule.
4. Deposit of Flag in National ArchivesThe Minister shall cause a copy of the Flag to be prepared and deposited in the National Archives established in terms of the National Archives of Zimbabwe Act [Chapter 25:06].
6. Protection of FlagAny person who burns, mutilates or otherwise insults the Flag or a flag which resembles or is intended to resemble the Flag or any reproduction thereof, in circumstances which are calculated or likely to show disrespect for the Flag or to bring the Flag into disrepute, shall be guilty of an offence and liable to a fine not exceeding level six or to imprisonment for a period not exceeding one year or to both such fine and such imprisonment.[subsection as amended by section 4 of Act 22 of 2001]
History of this document
31 December 2016 this version
18 April 1980